Date

Dedicated stackexchange site for asic/vlsi developer

Xue zheng Saw

The problem with stack overflow is that most of the questions that an ASIC Engineer may concern themselves with such as
computer architecture design / system verilog / vhdl do not fit nicely into the existing category of software development, data structures, or algorithms.
And most issues are solved by browsing specific vendor sites which can be awkward and time consuming.

Therefore I propose the creation of a dedicated stack exchange site, suitable to host any questions regarding
EDA tools, digital architecture, RISC-V, HDL languages, and front-end/back-end methodologies in order to facilitate more ideas exchange within the community
and make things more transparent.

This will also fit nicely into the current climate of multiple tech companies gearing up to get into the chip industry again and hence more willing to invest in new engineers.

https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/126034/asics

FOSSi Dial-Up "The long path to a sustainable cocotb community"

Stefan Wallentowitz

Hi everyone,
sorry for spamming, but I believe there are many users of cocotb on that fine list of people. Next Tuesday, May 25, we will have our next episode of FOSSi Dial-Up.
This time Philipp Wagner will speak about cocotb. The event will take place on Tuesday, May 25 at 16:00 GMT at https://youtu.be/TJubaJGANk4
You can find more information here: https://www.fossi-foundation.org/dial-up/
Best,
Stefan

Like to have a subgroup for the development of chips for Dual-wavelength Three-dimensional Wave-bundle Resonance Sensing Group (DTWRSG) of Devices

Jayakar

As development of chips for DTWRS Group of devices are proposed for Digital Healthcare, kindly setup/provide options to setup a subgroup to develop chips for DTWRSG devices.

workshop reminder

Michael Gielda

Hi everyone,

Just as a reminder - the workshop registration link is here: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/chips-alliance-workshop/register/

it's already next week! :)

Best regards,
Michael

--
Michael Gielda
mobile: +48 504 631 956

Re: Esperanto open sourcing cosimulation

Tommy Thorn

It's a partial rewrite and a lot of stuff was eliminated to make this simpler (eg. we support RV64GC and nothing else).
We haven't talked to Fabrice but please note that the purpose of the two are very different: his purpose is a fast system simulator booting Linux.  Our concern is instruction correctioness.
The difference translates to different design decisions.

We don't have the resources to pursue the upstreaming, but I expect/encourage people to take the bugs fixes and the changes we made to take it to ISA 2.3/priv 1.11.

Thanks,
Tommy

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 12:10 PM Tim 'mithro' Ansell via Lists.Chipsalliance.Org <tansell=google.com@...> wrote:
Is there a reason the changes could not be sent upstream to TinyEMU? Have you discussed it with them at all?

Thanks,

Tim 'mithro' Ansell

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 11:37 AM Tommy Thorn <tommy.thorn@...> wrote:
We are interested in open sourcing our cosimulation infrastructure via Chips Alliance.

Dromajo, is a simulator based on Fabrice Bellard's RISCEMU (later renamed TinyEMU),
but heavily bug fixed and extended.  In particular, we have added support for cosimulating
RTL models under test and a facility to generate and start checkpoints.

What are the next steps to move forward?  The code is ready from our side and could be
pushed today (we have already secured access to the Chips Alliance github).

Also, do we have any meetings that would could join?

All the best,
Tommy Thorn & Jose Renau

[...]

Re: Launch of Tools WG in CHIPS Alliance

Zvonimir Bandic <zvonimir.bandic@...>

Folks – I think 2/month or every two weeks is a good start.